** Join with 1,200+ Colleagues from 50 Countries **
* Please forward to a colleague *
NOTE: The Advance Program/Registration is online: http://www.aace.org/conf/site/registration/
Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference
March 2-6, 2009 * Charleston, South Carolina
“Where History Lives–Indulge, Play, and Explore!”
(Embassy Suites Hotel/Convention Center)
FINAL CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
** Submissions Due: Dec. 10, 2008 **
Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE): http://site.aace.org/
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE): http://www.aace.org/
SITE 2009 COLOR POSTER
- Available to Print & Distribute (PDF to print)
What are your colleagues saying about SITE conferences
SITE 2009 is the 20th annual conference of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education. This society represents individual teacher educators and affiliated organizations of teacher educators in all disciplines, who are interested in the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the use of information technology in teacher education and faculty/staff development. SITE is a society of AACE.
SITE is the premiere international conference in this field and annually attracts more than 1,200 leaders in the field from over 50 countries.
You are invited to participate in this international forum which offers numerous opportunities to explore the research, development, and applications in this important field.
This Final Call for Participation is offered for those who were:
- unable to meet the first deadline for submissions in October, or
- were not ready to present a finished paper or project, or
- have a work-in-progress topic to present, and
- do not yet have a proposal accepted for presentation.
All presentation proposals are peer-reviewed and selected by three reviewers on the respected Program Committee for inclusion in the conference program, Proceedings (book and CD-ROM formats) and the Education & Information Technology Digital Library (EdITLib), http://www.editlib.org.
We invite you to attend the SITE Conference and submit proposals for these presentation categories: http://site.aace.org/conf/categories.htm
- Brief Papers
- Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
These Final Call presentation categories have been quite popular especially for the efficient exchange of information about on-going research, applications, and projects.
The Conference invites proposals from the introductory through advanced level on all topics related to:
- the use of information technology in teacher education, and
- instruction about information technology in
- Graduate Teacher Education
- Faculty & Staff Development
Proposals which address the theory, research and applications as well as describe innovative projects are encouraged.
CONTENTS & LINKS
- Call for Papers and Submission & Presenter Guidelines:
- Major Topics: http://site.aace.org/conf/topics.htm
- NEW TOPICS
- Digital Video
- Information Literacy Education (Library & Media Science)
- Presentation Categories: http://site.aace.org/conf/categories.htm
- Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations: http://site.aace.org/conf/corporate.htm
- Proceedings: http://www.EdITLib.org Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Technology and Teacher Education Annual proceedings series. Books in this series serve as major source documents indicating the current state of teacher education and information technology. This proceedings will be published as a searchable electronic book on CD-ROM.The Annuals are internationally distributed through and archived in the Education and Information Technology Digital Library, http://www.EdITLib.org. Does Your Library Subscribe?
- Paper Awards: http://site.aace.org/pubs
- For Budgeting Purposes: The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants will be approximately $295 (members); $340 (non-members). Registration includes Proceedings on CD, receptions, all sessions except tutorials, and more! http://site.aace.org/conf/rates.htm
- Hotel Information: The conference hotel (Embassy Suites Hotel/Convention Center) specially discounted guest room rate is $155 (single/double). http://site.aace.org/conf/hotel.htm
- Charleston, South Carolina: Where History Lives–Indulge, Play, and Explore!
Final Proposals Due: Dec. 10, 2008
Final Proposal Authors Notified: Dec. 30, 2008
Proceedings File Due: Jan. 21, 2009
Early Registration: Jan. 21, 2009
Hotel Reservation: Jan. 29, 2009
Conference: Mar. 2-6, 2009