The Journal of Online Learning Research (JOLR) is a peer-reviewed, international journal devoted to the theoretical, empirical, and pragmatic understanding of technologies and their impact on primary and secondary pedagogy and policy in primary and secondary (K-12) online and blended environments.
This new quarterly journal is Open Access, free-of-charge and distributed by the LearnTechLib-The Learning and Technology Library, as well as available in print by subscription for libraries/institutions.
- JOLR is focused on publishing manuscripts that address online learning, catering particularly to the educators who research, practice, design, and/or administer in primary and secondary schooling in online settings. However, the journal also serves those educators who have chosen to blend online learning tools and strategies in their face-to-face classroom.
- JOLR is both international and interdisciplinary, publishing qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods research from multiple fields and disciplines that have a shared goal of improving primary and secondary education worldwide.
- JOLR is both theoretical and practical. Each research article is critically-reviewed to ensure publication of rigorous and thoughtful research. However, each publication must also contain pragmatic implications for research, policy, and practice.
JOLR is the official journal of the the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). All have free, online access to all back issues via LearnTechLib–The Learning & Technology Library.
- Contents: Current Issue Contents & Abstracts
- Subscribe: Individual or Library/Institution
- Submit: Author Guidelines
- Review: Review Policies, Reviewer Application, Review Board
- Alert: Sign-up for New Issue Alerts
Indexed in leading indices including: Educational Research Abstracts, ERIC, LearnTechLib-The Learning and Technology Library, Index Copernicus, GetCited, Google Scholar, Journal Seek, Microsoft Academic Search, Bacon’s Media Directory, Cabell’s, Ulrich, and several others.