SITE 2010 -Technology & Teacher Ed. Call (San Diego)
March 29 – April 2, 2010, San Diego, CA (Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina)
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Submissions Due: Oct. 21, 2009
Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE)
Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
Co-sponsored by: Education & Information Technology Digital Library
AVAILABLE (digital & paper formats):
Research Highlights in Technology and Teacher Education 2009
SUBMIT YOUR FULL PAPER FOR THE 2010 BOOK
SITE 2010 will offer again an alternative Full Paper submission category. "Full Papers (Book)" are Full Paper submissions submitted in their final by Oct. 21. These will be reviewed for publication in a book of selected papers as well as a presentation.
COLOR POSTER–SITE 2010 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Available to Print & Distribute (PDF to print)
CONTENTS & LINKS
- Invitation & Call for Papers, Deadline Oct. 21
- Scope & Topics
- Presentation Categories
- Proceedings & Paper Awards
- Corporate Participation
- For Budgeting Purposes
- San Diego, California
INVITATION & CALL FOR PAPERS, DUE OCT. 21:
SITE 2010 is the 21st annual conference of the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education. This society represents individual teacher educators and affiliated organizations of teacher educators in all disciplines, who are interested in the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the use of information technology in teacher education and faculty/staff development.
You are invited to participate in this international forum which offers numerous opportunities to explore the research, development, and applications in this important field. All proposals are peer reviewed.
SITE is the premiere international conference in this field and annually attracts more than 1,200 leaders in the field from over 50 countries.
- Keynote Speakers & Invited Panels/Speakers
- Papers (Full & Brief) & Posters/Demonstrations
- Corporate Showcases & Demonstrations
- Roundtables & Symposia
SCOPE & TOPICS
The Conference invites proposals from the introductory through advanced level on all topics related to:
- the use of information technology in teacher education, and
- instruction about information technology in
- Graduate Teacher Education
- Faculty & Staff Development
Proposals which address the theory, research and applications as well as describe innovative projects are encouraged.
- Assessment and E-folios
- Digital Video
- Distance/Flexible Education
- Electronic Playground
- Equity and Social Justice
- Evaluation and Research
- Games and Simulations
- Graduate Education and Faculty Development
- Information Literacy
- Information Technology Diffusion/Integration
- Latino/Spanish Speaking Community
- New Possibilities with Information Technologies
- Web/Learning Communities
- Workforce Education
CONTENT AREA TOPICS:
- Art Education
- Early Childhood Education
- English Education
- Human Languages Education
- Information Technology Education
- Innovative Technology Experiences for Teachers and Students (ITEST)
- Mathematics Education
- Middle School Education
- Science Education
- Social Studies Education
- Special Education/Assistive Technology
- Technological, Pedagogical, And Content Knowledge (TPACK)
The Technical Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information. These include keynote and invited talks, paper presentations, roundtables, poster/demonstrations, tutorials/workshops, panels, and corporate showcases.
Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Technology and Teacher Education Annual proceedings series. Books in this series serve as major source documents indicating the current state of teacher education and information technology. This proceedings will be published as a searchable electronic book on CD-ROM.
The Proceedings are internationally distributed through and archived in the Education and Information Technology Digital Library.
First and second paper authors are limited to two papers published in the Annual.
All presented papers will be considered for Best Paper Awards within several categories.
Award winning papers may be invited for publication in the:
- Journal of Technology and Teacher Education (JTATE) or
- Online journal, Contemporary Issues in Technology & Teacher Education (CITE),
Highlighted in the:
A variety of opportunities are available to present research-oriented papers, or to showcase and market your products and services. For information about Corporate Showcases (30 minutes) and Corporate Demonstrations (2-hours, scheduled with the Poster/Demos), click here.
FOR BUDGETING PURPOSES
The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants will be approximately $325 (members); $365 (non-members). Registration includes Proceedings on CD, receptions, and all sessions except tutorials.
The conference hotel, the beautiful Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina, is offering SITE a specially discounted guest room rate of $149/169 (single/double).
SAN DIEGO, CA
Where blue skies, miles of beaches, and a gentle Mediterranean climate meet!
It’s not just a conference; it can be a vacation! So plan to join us in San Diego for SITE 2010 a great conference in one of America’s greatest destinations.
For more information about San Diego, CA, USA, see: www.sandiego.org.
- Proposals Due: Oct. 21, 2009
- Authors Notified: Dec. 2, 2009
- Proceedings File Due: Feb. 10, 2010
- Early Registration: Feb. 10, 2010
- Hotel Reservation: Mar. 1, 2010
- Conference: Mar. 29 – April 2, 2010
Join the SITE Community
To be added to the mailing list for this conference, click here.
If you have a question about SITE, please send an e-mail to SITE/AACE Conference Services.