Global Learn Asia Pacific 2010 Premiere: Announcement & Call
ANNOUNCING THE PREMIERE OF…
Global Learn Asia Pacific 2010–Global Conference on Learning and Technology
May 17-20, 2010 * Penang (island), Malaysia
(Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort)
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Submission Deadline: November 23, 2009
Organized by: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
Co-sponsored by: Education & Information Technology Digital Library
Hosted by: Open University of Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, and Wawasan Open University
COLOR POSTER: Global Learn 2010 Asia Pacific (Available to Print & Distribute)
CONTENTS & LINKS
- Program Activities & Submission Information, Deadline November 23
- Presentation Categories
- Products/Services Showcases & Presentations
- Proceedings & Paper Awards
- For Budgeting Purposes
- Penang (island), Malaysia
Global Learn Asia Pacific is an annual, international conference organized by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
The conference will be guided by a respected, international Executive Committee, primarily from countries of the Asia Pacific region.
This conference serves to further the advancement and innovation in learning and technology. As the educational world becomes increasingly global,
new ways to explore, learn, and share knowledge are needed.
Global Learn is a means to connect and engage creative educators, researchers, consultants, training managers, policy makers, curriculum developers,
entrepreneurs, and others in the topics and fields in which they are passionate about. Many individuals are transforming learning environments in local
as well as more global ways. Global Learn offers them an opportunity to meet and discuss their ideas, findings, and next steps.
The decision to create and organize this annual conference in Asia and the Pacific Rim is testament to the enormous interest in learning and technology
throughout this region of the world and a response to many requests to AACE to undertake this initiative.
Primary aims of Global Learn include but are not restricted to:
- Create learning and professional development opportunities combining the best and latest technologies
with educational practices and characterized as interactive, social, and personal experiences.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing exploration of both the diversity and commonality of the uses of educational technology in different regions and cultures.
- Foster a global networking/collaborative community on learning and technology.
- Help visualize and shape the future of learning and teaching.
The following nine themes exemplify the vision and goals of Global Learn for advancement and innovation in:
- 1. Advanced Technologies for Learning and Teaching
- Assessment and Research
- Educational Reform, Policy, and Innovation
- Evaluation and Quality Improvement Advances
- Global Networks, Partnerships, and Exchanges
- Innovative Approaches to Learning and Learning Environments
- Open Education
- Technologies for Socially Responsive Learning
- Virtual and Distance Education
For specific topics within these themes, Click Here.
PROGRAM ACTIVITIES & SUBMISSION INFORMATION, Deadline November 23, 2009:
- Keynote Speakers & Invited Panels/Speakers
- Papers, Best Practice Sessions & Roundtables
- Research/Technical Showcases & Products/Services Showcases
- Virtual Sessions
All presentation proposals are peer reviewed and selected by a Program Committee, based on merit and the perceived value for attendees.
- The Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
PRODUCTS/SERVICES SHOWCASES & PRESENTATIONS:
- Corporations and other organizations have the opportunity to demonstrate and discuss their learning and technology related
products and services through Products/Services Showcases & Presentations.
PROCEEDINGS & PAPER AWARDS:
Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Proceedings (hard copy & CD-ROM). Proceedings in this series serve as major resources in the learning
and technology global community, reflecting the current state of the art in the field. In addition, the Proceedings also are internationally distributed through and
archived in EdITLib–Education and Information Library.
Selected papers may be invited for publication in may be invited for publication in AACE’s respected journals especially in the:
- International Journal on E-Learning (IJEJ),
- Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia (JEMH),
- or – Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR).
All presented papers will be considered for Outstanding Paper Awards within several categories. Award winning papers may be invited for publication in the AACE journals.
FOR BUDGETING PURPOSES:
The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants includes many extras!
Conference registration will be held at the beautiful Shangri La’s Rasa Sayang Resort. All concurrent sessions will be held at both the
Shangri La’s Rasa Sayang Resort & Golden Sands Resort. located along the emerald waters of world-famous Batu Feringgi Beach,
with local shopping, dining, and attractions nearby!
Special discount hotel rates have been obtained for Global Learn participants at approx. $127 USD & 89 EUR;
or specifically Ringgit Malaysia (RM) 450 Nett (including 15% tax) (single/double).
Special hotel rates include daily breakfast buffet and complimentary broadband Internet.
PENANG (ISLAND), MALAYSIA:
- Experience the Pearl of the Orient; Culture, Dining, Shopping, Attractions, & Tours!
- Submissions Due: November 23, 2009
- Authors Notified: December 22, 2009
- Proceedings File Due: March 22, 2010
- Early Registration: March 22, 2010
- Advanced Registration: April 26, 2010
- Conference: May 17-20, 2010