Global Learn Asia Pacific 2010 – Global Conference on Learning and Technology
May 17-20, 2010 – Penang (island), Malaysia
(Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort)
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
** Submission Deadline: December 20, 2009 (extended) **
Organized by: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
Co-sponsored by: Education & Information Technology Digital Library
Hosted by: Open University of Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia, and Wawasan Open University
We are happy to announce that over 350 proposals have already been received from all over the world for the premiere year of the Global Learn Conference to be held this coming May 17-20, 2010 in Penang, Malaysia. Since some people have requested more time and this is a busy time of the year, the executive committee of the Global Learn conference has extended the Call for Papers to December 20.
Come join us at the Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort in Penang—a quite wondrous venue with gorgeous views for what we believe will be one of the most unique conferences ever. And it will be packed with stellar speakers and designed for highly engaging conversations. Please let others know who might be interested or who had difficulty meeting the previous deadline.
If you are among the hundreds of people who submitted by the earlier deadline, you still will be notified of the review results by December 22. More details are provided below.
COLOR POSTER: Global Learn 2010 Asia Pacific (Available to Print & Distribute)
CONTENTS & LINKS
- UPDATE: Keynote/Invited Speakers
- Program Activities & Submission Information, Deadline November 23
- Presentation Categories
- Penang (island), Malaysia
GLOBAL LEARN UPDATE: KEYNOTE / INVITED SPEAKERS
See talk abstracts and pictures of speakers
- Teaching Learning Framework through the Power of Innovation
- Anuwar Ali, Open University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Sustainable Higher Education Learning Futures
- James Taylor, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
- Increasing Individual and Collective Intelligence
- Jerome Glenn, Executive Director, The Millennium Project, USA
- Title to be announced
- Asha Kanwar, Commonwealth of Learning, Canada
Invited Speakers: (partial list)
- Global Educational Technology: A Luddite View
- Jon Baggaley, Athabasca University, Canada
- Authentic Mobile Learning: The Affordances of Mobile Technologies in Authentic Learning
- Jan Herrington, Murdoch University, Australia
- Mobile Innovation and Global Education Ecosystem
- Paul Kim, Stanford University, USA
- Distance and Blended Learning in Asia: An Overview
- Colin Latchem, Open Learning Consultant, Australia
- Beyond Dichotomies: Rethinking the World Through New Technologies
- Merry Merryfield, Ohio State University, USA
- An Alternative Schooling: Self Organising Systems in Education
- Sugata Mitra, Newcastle University, UK
Global Learn Asia Pacific is an annual, international conference organized by the Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE). The conference will be guided by a respected, international Executive Committee, primarily from countries of the Asia Pacific region.
This conference serves to further the advancement and innovation in learning and technology. As the educational world becomes increasingly global, new ways to explore, learn, and share knowledge are needed. Global Learn is a means to connect and engage creative educators, researchers, consultants, training managers, policy makers, curriculum developers, entrepreneurs, and others in the topics and fields in which they are passionate about. Many individuals are transforming learning environments in local as well as more global ways. Global Learn offers them an opportunity to meet and discuss their ideas, findings, and next steps.
GLOBAL LEARN TOPICS:
The following nine themes exemplify the vision and goals of Global Learn for advancement and innovation in:
- Advanced Technologies for Learning and Teaching
- Assessment and Research
- Educational Reform, Policy, and Innovation
- Evaluation and Quality Improvement Advances
- Global Networks, Partnerships, and Exchanges
- Innovative Approaches to Learning and Learning Environments
- Open Education
- Technologies for Socially Responsive Learning
- Virtual and Distance Education
For specific topics within these themes, Click Here.
PROGRAM ACTIVITIES & SUBMISSION INFORMATION, Deadline November 23, 2009:
- Keynote Speakers & Invited Panels/Speakers
- Papers, Best Practice Sessions & Roundtables
- Research/Technical Showcases & Products/Services Showcases
- Virtual Sessions
All presentation proposals are peer reviewed and selected by a Program Committee, based on merit and the perceived value for attendees.
- The Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
PENANG (ISLAND), MALAYSIA:
- Experience the Pearl of the Orient; Culture, Dining, Shopping, Attractions, & Tours!
- Submissions Due: December 20, 2009 (extended call)
- Authors Notified: December 22, 2009 (initial call)
- Authors Notified: December 30, 2009 (extended call)
- Proceedings File Due: March 22, 2010
- Early Registration: March 22, 2010
- Advanced Registration: April 26, 2010
- Conference: May 17-20, 2010