E-LEARN 2009 – Call for Participation Deadline: April 29
Please forward to a colleague – E-LEARN 2009 Call for Participation
World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, & Higher Education
October 26-30, 2009 – Vancouver, BC Canada (Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre)
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
- Submission Deadline: April 29, 2009
- Organized by: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE)
- Co-sponsored by: International Journal on E-Learning
- What are your colleagues saying about E-Learn conferences?
COLOR POSTER: E-Learn 2009 CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
CONTENTS & LINKS (details below)
- Submission Information, Deadline April 29th:
- Major Topics
- Presentation Categories
- Products/Services Showcases & Presentations
- Proceedings & Paper Awards
- For Budgeting Purposes
- Vancouver, Canada
E-Learn 2009 — World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, & Higher Education is an international, annual conference which serves as a multi-disciplinary forum for the exchange of information on research, development, and applications of all topics related to e-Learning in these four sectors.
E-Learn Is Unique
- E-Learn is an innovative collaboration between the top public and private academic researchers, developers, education and business professionals, and end users from the Corporate, Healthcare, Government, and Higher Education sectors.
- All presentation proposals are reviewed and selected by a respected, international Executive Advisory Board and Program Committee, based on merit and the perceived value for attendees.
- E-Learn, the premiere international, non-commercial conference in the field, spans all disciplines and levels of education and attracts more than 1,000 attendees from over 60 countries. We invite you to attend E-Learn and submit proposals for presentations.
- All presentation proposals are peer reviewed and selected by three reviewers on the respected international Program Committee for inclusion in the conference program, proceedings book, and CD-ROM proceedings.
- Keynote Speakers
- Invited Panels/Speakers
- Best Practice Sessions
- Research/Technical Showcases
- Products/Services Showcases
- For Call for Presentations, Click Here.
- All authors MUST follow the submission guidelines and complete the Web form on the Submission Guide page.
- For Presentation and AV Guidelines, see the Presenter Lounge.
The scope of the conference includes, but is not limited to, the following topics as they relate to the e-Learning and the technologies supporting e-Learning.
- Sectors or Application Domains:
- General & Cross-Domain
- Health Care
- Higher Education
- Informal Learning (Museums, Communities, Homes)
- Military Training
- Professional Associations & Non-Profits
- Major Topics relating to or technologically supporting E-Learning:
- Content Development
- Implementation Examples and Issues
- Instructional Design
- Policy Issues
- Social and Cultural Issues
- Standards and Interoperability
- Tools and Systems
The Technical Program includes a wide range of interesting and useful activities designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and information.
PRODUCTS/SERVICES SHOWCASES & PRESENTATIONS
- Organizations have the opportunity to demonstrate and discuss their e-learning related products and services in through Products/Services Showcases & Presentations.
- Accepted papers will be published by AACE in the Proceedings Book and on CD-ROM. Proceedings in this series serve as major resources in the multimedia/hypermedia/telecommunications community, reflecting the current state of the art in the discipline. In addition, the Proceedings also are internationally distributed through and archived in EdITLib – Education and Information Library.
- Selected papers may be invited for publication in may be invited for publication in AACE’s respected journals especially in the:
- International Journal on E-Learning (IJEJ),
- Journal of Educational Multimedia and Hypermedia (JEMH), or
- Journal of Interactive Learning Research (JILR).
- All presented papers will be considered for Outstanding Paper Awards within several categories. Award winning papers may be invited for publication in the AACE journals.
- The conference registration fee for all presenters and participants will be approximately $395 U.S. (AACE members), $465 U.S. (non-members). Registration includes proceedings on CD, receptions, and all sessions except tutorials. The conference dinner (if offered) will be an extra fee.
- All conference sessions will be held at the Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre located in the heart of Vancouver shopping, dining, and attractions.
- Special discount hotel have been obtained for E-Learn participants at $146 (single/double).
Experience the Shows, Dining, Shopping, Attractions, & Tours!
Vancouver is a dynamic, multicultural city with a cosmopolitan flair set in a spectacular natural environment. Nestled between majestic mountains and sparkling ocean, Vancouver is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.
Fall in Vancouver means NHL Hockey, cuisine from all points of the globe, museum visits, the launch of the theatre, opera and symphony seasons and holiday shopping – so much to see and do!
The variety of attractions in Greater Vancouver can keep visitors entertained for days, for example, Harbour cruises, world-famous Stanley Park, Vancouver Lookout! Harbour Centre Tower, Science World BC, Capilano Suspension Bridge and Park, Vancouver Art Gallery, Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Chinese Garden, and Grouse Mountain, The Peak of Vancouver.
- Spectacular Setting – Incredible mountains, sparkling ocean, rainforests and beautiful foliage year round.
- Unlimited Activities – Catering to any interest throughout all four seasons, you can enjoy world class shopping to outdoor adventures, gourmet meals to live entertainment, sporting events, theatre, outstanding sights and attractions.
- Gateway to Adventure – Quick and easy access to the Canadian Rockies, Victoria, Vancouver Island, and of course, endless water and land sports throughout the year.
- Dining – What tempts your taste buds: Decadent desserts – grilled T-bone steak – Fresh seafood – Soy Burger? Vancouver has every taste and type of food you crave! Vancouver’s restaurant scene has exploded in the past few years offering world-class cuisine from every corner of the globe. Fine dining, casual or family friendly restaurants are easily accessible throughout Greater Vancouver.
- Excellent Infrastructure – Vancouver International Airport has consistently been rated as one of North America’s top airports.
- A great walking city – clean, green, safe, and easily accessible!
- Greater Value – Vancouver offers a world-class experience and excellent value for your money!
For further Vancouver information, visit the Vancouver Tourism web site.
DEADLINES & IMPORTANT DATES
- Submissions Due: April 29, 2009
- Authors Notified: May 29, 2009
- Proceedings File Due: Sept. 25, 2009
- Early Registration: Sept. 25, 2009
- Conference: Oct. 26-30, 2009