As educators face a global crisis and must learn about new technologies as they enter a new school year, AACE is offering teaching professionals a low-cost, yet high quality introductory course on how to implement effective strategies when teaching and learning online.
The course will model and examine effective strategies for learning and teaching online. Based on student-centered learning theories, the course will explore essential tools for robust learning:
- Engage students in rich discourse;
- Examine the pedagogical value of common online tools;
- Investigate implementation of formative and summative assessment tools (including badges);
- Explore opportunities to incorporate group work into online learning;
- Learn about the potential of “guest experts” in online courses
- Delivery (available when you are): 100% asynchronous + 2 hours optional synchronous (recorded)
- Student Time Commitment: Approximately 1 hour per day.
- Course Limit: 30 students.*
- Registration: $150 Institutional 5+ Registrations: $125
- Receive Upon Successful Completion: Certificate, validated badges, & 1 year subscription to LearnTechLib.org.
- Syllabus: Available soon
- * The student number is limited to ensure high quality learning and instruction for this course. A brief 5 question application is required. Upon acceptance, you will be notified with information on how to register.
- Application Due (5 questions): Nov. 27, 2020
- Notification of Acceptance: Nov. 24, 2020
- Registration: Nov. 27, 2020
- Course Dates: Nov. 30-Dec. 11, 2020
If you need further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org