EdMedia + Innovate Learning Online FAQs
Welcome to EdMedia + Innovate Learning Online!
Thank you for your registration to EdMedia + Innovate Learning Online Conference! Remember to tag your tweets with #EDILonline and follow us at @AACE.
Although this may be your first online conference, we have now held several of these events and continue to do our best to give you the best possible experience. Our goal is not only to meet but surpass the current challenge and provide you with an engaging experience without even having to leave your front door! Below are some commonly asked questions and tips to get started.
Where do I go?
The conference is taking place on AcademicExperts.org and through the use of Zoom. All asynchronous sessions are housed within the AE platform and the links to the live session Zoom rooms are all listed within the daily schedule of sessions on AE.
Set up your AcademicExperts Profile
Before your first day of conference, be sure to set up your AcademicExperts profile for participation and session planning, Zoom Meeting access, and social interaction. Log in using the same email address and password you used to register and log into aace.org.
Create your Profile from Edit Profile (dropdown menu from your name at top). and add a photo, organization, links, publications, etc.
– Under Sessions, search for and add to My Planner to create your list sessions to attend.** Each day meeting room URLs and passwords will be reset. This is to protect the security of the conference.
– Under Attendees, search for colleagues and new friends by name, organization, and country.
While many of you are familiar with AE, we have added some features to help navigate this year’s online conference.
What is being presented at EDIL Online?
- Live Keynote Talks each morning followed by a keynote conversation for Q&A
- FREE Workshops: 90 minute sessions
- Innovators Playground sessions: 1 hour sessions
- Concurrent Live Sessions: Full & Brief papers, Symposia, all presented live via Zoom
- Virtual Sessions: Prerecorded Full papers, Brief papers, and Posters
Navigating your conference: AcademicExperts.org Schedule Planning, Meeting Room Access & Social Platform
AcademicExperts.org will function as your Conference Navigator to:
- plan your session schedule
- access live meeting rooms in Zoom
- view virtual presentations
- connect with and message participants
- create your personal profile
- include in your profile imported publications from LearnTechLib.org – The Learning & Technology Library
- create and participate in discussions connected to every presentation as well as outside of presentations
- view social web feeds
Accessing Zoom Meeting Rooms
In order to protect the privacy of our attendees and the integrity of the organization, **new links to Zoom meeting rooms will be provided each day of the conference for registrants only through the AcademicExperts schedule**. Passwords may change daily and will be emailed to registrants only. This is another security measure we are taking to protect our attendees.
URLs will only be provided to conference registrants. Sharing/posting URLs is strictly forbidden, as this will compromise the security of the EDIL conference and our participants.
Entering a Zoom Meeting Room
Links to meeting rooms will be provided each day of the conference in the AcademicExperts schedule. You will find this link listed as the Room for each live/synchronous. These URLs will need to be copy & pasted into your browser to open.
Upon entering the meeting room, your microphone will be muted. Please only unmute your mic if you are the scheduled speaker at that time or if the presenter invites you to unmute. Please be respectful and release your mic or shared screen at the end of your presentation.
Joining & Configuring Audio & Video
When entering a live presentation, we ask that unless you are the scheduled presenter for that time slot, to please keep your microphone muted.
SIG Meetings, Workshops and Q&A sessions at the end of each presentation hour will allow for audience participation. Please use the chat window during the presentations, the room moderator will facilitate discussion through the chat.
How to Find SIG Meetings in Academic Experts:
Helpful resource: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1zun9v12czovmt/How%20to%20Access%20SIG%20Meetings%20in%20AE.mov?dl=0
LIVE/Synchronous Presentation Guidelines
Please arrive in the meeting room 10 minutes ahead of your scheduled presentation time. Presentation links will be provided at the start of each day on AcademicExperts.org.
Presntation times are as follows:
- Brief Papers and Best Practices – 15 minutes each, scheduled 3 per hour slot, with a shared 15 minutes at the end of the hour for Q&A and discussion
- Full Papers – 25 minutes each, shceduled 2 per hour slot, with shared 10 minutes at the end of the hour for Q&A and discussion
- Roundtables – 30 minutes each, scheduled 2 per hour slot. Since Roundtabels are meant to be discussion-based, Q&A should be included within your time slot.
- Innovators Playground Session – 60 minutes
- Workshops – 90 mins
Example Hour for Live/Synchronous Papers:
Presentation #1: 10:15-10:30 AM EST
Presentation #2: 10:30-10:45 AM EST
Presentation #3: 10:45-11:00 AM EST
Discussion Q&A moderated by Presider: 11:00-11:15AM EST
Presenter Requirements: Live presenters are required to share their screen and advance their own slides during the scheduled presentation time. Even if a portion of your presentation is partially pre-recorded, you are responsible for displaying your presentation, advancing your slide, participating in chat, etc. at your scheduled time. If you are the scheduled presenter, you will have access to share your screen and use microphone. Once completed, please stop sharing and select to mute your mic in order to allow the next presenter to proceed.
No Shows: Will be reported to admin and removed from proceedings. If you have requested a live presentation, a room license, presider, host and time slot have been reserved for you in advance. *Requests to change to asynchronous presentations should be made at least one week prior to the online conference *
Asynchronous Presenter Guidelines
To view Asynchronous Presentations, visit: https://academicexperts.org
Asynchronous / Pre-Recorded Presentation Requirements:
For publication, all virtual presenters are required to:
- Upload your pre-recorded presentation
- Participate in AcademicExperts.org paper discussion
Asynchronous Presentations must be prerecorded using your preferred Recording Tool and uploaded YouTube/video link. These will be available asynchronously on AcademicExperts.org.
All virtual presenters are required to facilitate the online discussion for your presentation and participate in other discussions during the conference.
– Log in to AcademicExperts.org using your registration email and post an opening statement or question on your presentation’s discussion board for your audience to respond to.
– Respond to questions and comments from conference participants during the conference dates.
Uploading your own recording:
Asynchronous presenters will need to upload presentations before the deadline.
- Log into: https://conf.aace.org/elearn/submission/
- Click on “Add Files to Submission”
- Click on “Edit Files” next to your session. Upload your PPT/PPTX file under “Sound & Presentation Files”
- If using a YouTube or other video format, upload the URL using the URL uploader.
Still have questions? Contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.