Global Learn FAQs
Welcome to Global Learn!
Thank you for your registration to Global Learn! Remember to tag your tweets with #GlobalLearn and follow us at @AACE.
How is This Conference Different?
The unique Global Learn model truly lives up to its slogan as ‘The Local Global Conference’.
By working together and using their respective strengths, the Global Learn host university and AACE contribute a high quality, innovative event to the learning and technology community.
The host university best understands and plans for their local environment as well as showcase their university, speakers, ideas, development, and applications. As a result, they further gain global exposure to leading researchers and educators from 40+ countries.
At the same time, the Global Learn takes advantage of the 35+ years of well-proven AACE conference management, infrastructure, administrative support, and contacts with global leaders in the field.
Conference participants and the host university partner to offer the unique advantages of a blended (F2F + virtual) and a broad perspective (global + local) event.
Where do I go?
The F2F conference location will be announced soon.
Virtual sessions will take place on AcademicExperts.org and through the use of Zoom. All asynchronous sessions are housed within the AE Hub Should passwords be required for online sessions, registered attendees will be sent that information via email each day.
What is being presented at Global Learn?
The conference features the same high-quality presentation types as you’ve come to expect, now hosted on location at university.
- LIVE Keynote Talks followed by keynote conversation for Q&A
- FREE LIVE F2F & Virtual Workshops
- F2F Panels & Symposia
- F2F Innovators Playground sessions
- F2F Concurrent Sessions: Full papers, Brief papers, Best Practices, Roundtable discussions, & More
- Virtual Sessions: Prerecorded Virtual Papers
See all the presentation types here. See all the topics here.
Are masks required?
We are not requiring masks for the conference. We will also not discourage masks for those who feel more comfortable wearing them for personal or health reasons.
What are the current safety measures being taken by the conference hotel regarding COVID-19?
AACE will ensure the conference meets safely and that all local, national, and hotel guidelines for health and safety are upheld.
Will I be allowed to travel/obtain a Visa to attend in person?
Every attendee is responsible for checking with their respective government regarding the ability to travel to the US. If you are cleared to travel, and/or you need to obtain a visa, please see our Visa Guidelines.
How do I get there and where do attendees stay?
Our travel guide will be announced with the location and hotel recommendations.
When will I know my scheduled presentation time?
Sessions are scheduled as they are confirmed. After you receive an acceptance letter, please make sure you have registered AND confirmed your presentation. If you know in advance you need to request a specific date or time frame, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Setting up your AcademicExperts Profile
Be sure to set up your AcademicExperts profile for participant session planning, Zoom Meeting access, and social interaction. Log in using the same email address and password you used to register and log into aace.org.
Create your Profile from Edit Profile (dropdown menu from your name at top). and add a photo, organization, links, publications, etc.
– Under Sessions, search for and add to My Planner to create your list sessions to attend.
– Under Attendees, search for colleagues and new friends by name, organization, and country.
While many of you are familiar with AE, we have added some features to help navigate this year’s online conference. Be sure to explore the upgrades before conference begins.
Navigating your conference: AcademicExperts.org Schedule Planning, Meeting Room Access & Social Platform
AcademicExperts.org will function as your Conference Navigator to:
- plan your session schedule
- view all papers and uploaded PPTs
- view pre-recorded virtual presentations
- connect with and message fellow participants
- create or update your personal profile
- include in your profile imported publications from LearnTechLib.org – The Learning & Technology Library
- create and participate in discussions connected to every presentation as well as outside of presentations
- view social web feeds
How to Find SIG Meetings in Academic Experts:
Helpful resource: https://www.dropbox.com/s/e1zun9v12czovmt/How%20to%20Access%20SIG%20Meetings%20in%20AE.mov?dl=0
No Shows: Will be reported to admin and removed from proceedings. If you have requested a live presentation, a room license, presider, host and time slot have been reserved for you in advance. *Requests to change to asynchronous presentations cannot be accommodated at this time. *
Panel & Symposia Presentations
These presenters will be contacted directly by AACE to set up presentation recording before the conference begins.
Asynchronous Presenter Guidelines
To view Asynchronous Presentations, visit: https://academicexperts.org/conf/glearn/2022/schedule/#virtual-papers
Asynchronous / Pre-Recorded Presentation Requirements:
For publication, all virtual presenters are required to:
- Upload a pre-recorded audio and/or video slide presentation (15min max)
- Participate in AcademicExperts.org paper discussion
Asynchronous Presentations must be prerecorded and uploaded using YouTube/Vimoe video link *ON OR BEFORE the early registration date listed * and will be available asynchronously on AcademicExperts.org.
All virtual presenters are required to facilitate the online discussion for your presentation and participate in other discussions during the conference.
– Log in to AcademicExperts.org using your registration email and post an opening statement or question on your presentation’s discussion board for your audience to respond to.
– Respond to questions and comments from conference participants during the conference dates
Uploading your own recording:
If you choose to record audio/visual using your own tools, you will need to upload your presentation before the deadline.
- Log into: https://conf.aace.org/glearn/submission/
- Click on “Add Files to Submission”
- Click on “Edit Files” next to your session. Upload your PPT/PPTX file under “Sound & Presentation Files”
- If using a YouTube or other video format, upload the URL using the URL uploader.
Still have questions? Contact us anytime at email@example.com.