EdMedia + Innovate Learning FAQs
Welcome to EDIL 2022!
Thank you for your registration to EdMedia + Innovate Learning! Remember to tag your tweets with #EDIL22 and follow us at @AACE.
How is This Conference Different?
For EdMedia + Innovate Learning 2022, we are merging the online conference experience with our on-location sessions. Crossover sessions and streaming opportunities will enhance your experience and include EVERYONE! Just because we can’t all meet in person, that hasn’t stopped us from planning for a week full of exciting events, presenter-attendee interaction, social connection and the latest in cutting-edge research to benefit innovators, researchers, and educators.
This is the same grate conference, only with a new inclusive format that will bring us together both face-to-face AND virtually! No matter your location, all attendees will have access to the online sessions as well as some of the key on-location sessions via live-streaming. Our current plan will include a mix of face-to-face (F2F), live virtual, and asynchronous virtual sessions. This setup will allow convenience and connection for all attendees, all at once!
Where do I go?
The F2F conference is taking place at the Sheraton New York Times Square.
Virtual sessions will take place on AcademicExperts.org and through the use of Zoom. All asynchronous sessions are housed within the AE platform and the links to the live session Zoom rooms are all listed within the daily schedule of sessions on AE. Should passwords be required for online sessions, registered attendees will be sent that information via email each day.
What is being presented at EDIL 2022?
The conference features the same high-quality presentation types as you’ve come to expect, now in a hybrid format.
- LIVE Keynote Talks streamed each morning followed by a LIVE keynote conversation for Q&A
- FREE LIVE F2F & Virtual Workshops
- F2F Panels & Symposia
- F2F Innovators Playground sessions
- F2F and LIVE Virtual Concurrent Sessions: Full papers, Brief papers, Best Practices, Roundtable discussions, Posters & More
- Virtual Sessions: Prerecorded Virtual Papers & LIVE Virtual Full & Brief Papers. Some select papers will be live-streamed into the F2F conference for crossover interactions!
Are masks required?
We are not requiring masks for the conference. We will also not discourage masks for those who feel more comfortable wearing them for personal or health reasons.
What are the current safety measures being taken by the conference hotel regarding COVID-19?
The Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina will ensure the conference meets safely and that all local, national, and hotel guidelines for health and safety are upheld.
- Customers should review government guidance to confirm eligibility to travel & stay at hotel. See travelguidance.marriott.com.
- The health and safety of our guests is our top priority: COVID-19 updates and what to expect at our hotel.
Will I be allowed to travel/obtain a Visa to attend in person?
Every attendee is responsible for checking with their respective government regarding the ability to travel to the US. If you are cleared to travel, and/or you need to obtain a visa, please see our Visa Guidelines.
How do I get there and where do attendees stay?
The conference hotel and venue are the same. Attendees are being given discounted rates for staying at the conference hotel, the Sheraton New York Times Square. See our helpful travel and lodging guide here.
When will I know my scheduled presentation time?
Sessions are scheduled as they are confirmed. After you receive an acceptance letter, please make sure you have registered AND confirmed your presentation. The deadline for registering and confirming is May 30 for F2F sessions and June 13 for Virtuals. If you know in advance you need to request a specific date or time frame, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Setting up your AcademicExperts Profile
Be sure to set up your AcademicExperts profile for participant session planning, Zoom Meeting access, and social interaction. Log in using the same email address and password you used to register and log into aace.org.
Create your Profile from Edit Profile (dropdown menu from your name at top). and add a photo, organization, links, publications, etc.
– Under Sessions, search for and add to My Planner to create your list sessions to attend.
– Under Attendees, search for colleagues and new friends by name, organization, and country.
While many of you are familiar with AE, we have added some features to help navigate this year’s online conference. Be sure to explore the upgrades before conference begins.
Navigating your conference: AcademicExperts.org Schedule Planning, Meeting Room Access & Social Platform
AcademicExperts.org will function as your Conference Navigator to:
- plan your session schedule
- view all papers and uploaded PPTs
- access live virtual meeting rooms in Zoom
- view pre-recorded virtual presentations
- connect with and message fellow participants
- create or update your personal profile
- include in your profile imported publications from LearnTechLib.org – The Learning & Technology Library
- create and participate in discussions connected to every presentation as well as outside of presentations
- view social web feeds
Accessing Zoom Meeting Rooms
In order to protect the privacy of our attendees and the integrity of the organization, **new links to Zoom meeting rooms will be provided each day of the conference for registrants only through the AcademicExperts schedule**. This is another security measure we are taking to protect our attendees.
URLs will only be provided to EDIL registrants. Sharing URLs is strictly forbidden, as this will compromise the security of the EDIL conference and our participants.
Entering a Zoom Meeting Room
Links to meeting rooms will be provided each day of the conference in the AcademicExperts schedule. You will find this link listed as the Room for each live/synchronous. These URLs will need to be copy & pasted into your browser to open.
Upon entering the meeting room, your microphone will be muted. Please only unmute your mic if you are the scheduled speaker at that time or if the presenter invites you to unmute. Please be respectful and release your mic or shared screen at the end of your presentation.
Joining & Configuring Audio & Video
When entering a live presentation, we ask that unless you are the scheduled presenter for that time slot, to please keep your microphone muted.
SIG Meetings, Workshops and Q&A sessions at the end of each presentation hour will allow for audience participation. Please use the chat window during the presentations, the room moderator will facilitate discussion through the chat.
How to Find SIG Meetings in Academic Experts:
LIVE Virtual Presentation Guidelines
Please arrive in the meeting room 15 minutes ahead of your scheduled presentation time. Presentation links will be provided at the start of each day on AcademicExperts.org.
Each live/synchronous presenter has 15 minutes. Papers will still be published in the proceedings as the type and page length in which it was originally accepted. For example, a Full paper that was accepted and is presenting live will have 15 minutes to do so, but the paper will still be published as a Full paper in the proceedings.
Presenter Requirements: Live presenters are required to share their screen and advance their own slides during the scheduled presentation time. Even if a portion of your presentation is partially pre-recorded, you are responsible for displaying your presentation, advancing your slide, participating in chat, etc. at your scheduled time. If you are the scheduled presenter, you will have access to share your screen and use microphone. Once completed, please stop sharing and select to mute your mic in order to allow the next presenter to proceed.
No Shows: Will be reported to admin and removed from proceedings. If you have requested a live presentation, a room license, presider, host and time slot have been reserved for you in advance. *Requests to change to asynchronous presentations cannot be accommodated at this time. *
Panel & Symposia Presentations
These presenters will be contacted directly by AACE to set up presentation recording before the conference begins.
Asynchronous Presenter Guidelines
To view Asynchronous Presentations, visit: https://academicexperts.org/conf/edmedia/2020/schedule/#virtual-papers
Asynchronous / Pre-Recorded Presentation Requirements:
For publication, all virtual presenters are required to:
- Upload a pre-recorded audio and/or video slide presentation (15min max)
- Participate in AcademicExperts.org paper discussion
Asynchronous Presentations must be prerecorded and uploaded using YouTube/Vimoe video link *ON OR BEFORE the early registration date listed * and will be available asynchronously on AcademicExperts.org.
All virtual presenters are required to facilitate the online discussion for your presentation and participate in other discussions during the conference.
– Log in to AcademicExperts.org using your registration email and post an opening statement or question on your presentation’s discussion board for your audience to respond to.
– Respond to questions and comments from conference participants during the conference dates
Uploading your own recording:
If you choose to record audio/visual using your own tools, you will need to upload your presentation before the deadline.
- Log into: https://conf.aace.org/edmedia/submission/
- Click on “Add Files to Submission”
- Click on “Edit Files” next to your session. Upload your PPT/PPTX file under “Sound & Presentation Files”
- If using a YouTube or other video format, upload the URL using the URL uploader.
Still have questions? Contact us anytime at email@example.com.