Global Learn Social Events
Welcome Party with Live Music, Food, Drinks & Fun!
Wednesday, July 10, 2019
5PM – 6PM
- All attendees welcome to kick off the 2019 Conference with drinks and hors-d’oeuvres!
Thursday, July 11, 2019
3PM – 7PM
Visit the Grounds for Sculpture Gardens at a discounted rate thanks to the Global Learn Sponsor, LearnTechLib.org! Be sure to register for your tickets on conf.aace.org/glearn/2019/registration
Grounds For Sculpture is situated on the former New Jersey State Fairgrounds and includes three of its major historic buildings, restored for a variety of purposes.
When you come to Grounds For Sculpture you can expect to find:
- A constantly evolving collection of superb contemporary outdoor sculptures
- 42 magnificently landscaped acres in which to stroll
- Rotating exhibitions in six indoor galleries
- A year-round schedule of performing arts events
- Tours of all sorts, including moonlight tours
- Classes, speakers and community events for all ages
- Spectacular dining and must-have merchandise in all price ranges
- A surprise around every corner
- A place to host your own party or event
Top Things to Do in the Region
Looking to explore all of the Princeton-Mercer Region but don’t have much time? Don’t worry! There are lots of activities to choose from but we’ve narrowed it down for you. Below is a list of must-see sites that every visitor should check out.
TAKE A TOUR
Explore the Princeton University campus on your own or take a guided tour.
GRAB A BITE…OR A FEW
There are numerous cafe’s and restaurants in the Princeton area that will leaving you wanting more!
THE GREAT OUTDOORS
Spend some time outdoors hiking, kayaking, or canoeing with great trails and waterfronts.
TRAVEL BACK IN TIME
The Princeton area has many historic sites to see including the Morven Museum & Garden, the Princeton Battlefield, and many more.
SEE A SHOW
Check out a music, dance, or theater performance at McCarter Theatre or enjoy an artistic film at the Princeton Garden Theater. If you happen to be heading north, check out the State Theatre New Jersey, New Jersey’s most historical theatre since 1921! Click here for a variety of their upcoming shows.
PICK & PACK
Pick your own fruits and vegetables with the family at Terhune Orchards. Have a taste of their homemade apple cider donuts and wine as well!
TAKE A SWING
Put aside some tee time and check out the championship golf courses in the Princeton-Mercer region.