E-Learn Social Events
9:30AM Monday, November 14 in Edison D
- If this is your first time to E-Learn or you would just like to make some new friends, join us immediately following keynote for a fun speed-dating event hosted by the E-Learn conference chair, Theo Bastiaens and the E-Learn Executive Committee.
- Edison Ballroom
- Join us as we welcome you to E-Learn 2016 with LIVE music, mingling, drinks & hors d’oeuvres!
- All attendees welcome!
FREE Topics Lunch
12:15 – 1:30 PM Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, November 14 – 16 served in Edison D
- Register now to join your attendees each day for the complimentary topics lunch! Tables will be displayed with the following topics and open seating for attendees to enjoy some networking, connecting, and conversations over the following topics:
- E-learning Scenarios (Blended Learning, Flipped Classroom)
- Engagement & Motivation
- Mobile Learning
- Augmented Reality
- Big Data
- Social Software (Collaborative Learning)
- “Sorry, I can’t chat. I have to finish my presentation” 🙂
- Don’t see your topic listed? Suggest yours here: firstname.lastname@example.org
FREE Smithsonian Air & Space Museum Guided Tour
Monday 1:30 – 4:30 PM
Tuesday: 11:45 AM- 2:45 PM
Wednesday: 9:15 AM- 12:15PM
Meet at the Westin Registration Desk (downstairs) at the start times above for Metro transportation guided by a professional Washington Walks tour guide bringing you right to the Welcome Center, Sponsored by Rolls-Royce at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. There you will be greeted by a Docent for a private guided tour of the museum! As a complement to your visit, please check out the How Things Fly interactive website at http://howthingsfly.si.edu.
- Registration required – space is limited! See the E-Learn Registration desk to sign up.
- Your Walking guide will be wearing a blue and green Washington Walks badge.
Special Interest Group (SIG) Meetings
- Monday: Designing, Developing, and Assessing E-Learning SIG
- Tuessday: E-Learning Trends and Innovations SIG
- All are wecome to attendee and join a SIG!
Event: An Afternoon Without Slides!
- Join us for this dynamic new session that combines Research & Technical
Posters/Demonstrations, Product Showcases, and Roundtables!
- Join us after lunch for dessert and coffee at this new event for the exchanging of ideas!
Movie Screening: Steve Jobs
3:00 PM- 5:00 PM Tuesday, November 15 in Wright
- Come relax in our “theatre” for a movie screening featuring the movie, Steve Jobs. Drinks, popcorn and comfortable seating will be provided. Then join us on Wednesday morning at 9:30am for coffee and breakfast snacks to discuss!
Closing Happy Hour & Award Ceremony
- Let’s end E-Learn 2016 with Happy Hour and hors d’oeuvres! We invite all attendees and a guest to congratulate the Outstanding Paper & Poster Award Recipients. We look forward to sharing a toast together to close E-Learn 2016 and invite you to Vancouver next year!