Presenting for Impact at AACE Conferences -
An Online Workshop
Academics invest significant effort to ensuring quality papers and research reports are included in conferences. Pre-conference workshops are made available to newcomers to the field, providing guidance on writing papers that clearly and effectively communicate research findings. Through peer review, papers that lack clarity, or fail to advance a field, are rejected. This effort is expended to provide conference attendees with cutting edge thinking and research. Unfortunately, excellent quality papers can be overlooked by a poor presentation.
AACE is pleased to announce an introductory workshop - Presenting for Impact - to assist interested presenters in organizing and displaying their research, planning their presentation, and using appropriate visual aids.
- Planning your presentation
- What do you want to communicate?
- What is the impact of your research?
- What should audience members consider doing as a result of your research?
- Sequencing your ideas
- Presenting your ideas and research
- Using visuals to communicate
- Powerpoint, and other presentation software
- Responding to "things that go wrong"
- Engaging with your audience
- Answering questions
- Follow up
- Ensuring your presentation makes an impact
- What to do the day of your presentation
- Resources for audience members
- Transitioning from the previous speaker
- Keeping on task and on time
Instructions to Join the Workshop
- Five minutes before start time, click here to join: http://aace.org/connect/aace. Choose the "guest" option and enter your full name to enter the meeting room.
- To access the AUDIO portion, you can listen through your speakers via VOIP.
Adobe Connect Resources: