Aims of the AACE Fellowship Program
To recognise among AACE members:
- Strong leadership roles played by individuals who have helped significantly to promote the goals and objectives of AACE.
- Significant contribution of individuals to the promotion and advancement of contemporary technologies in teaching and learning.
- Outstanding individual contributions to AACE activities.
Entitlements and Privileges for AACE Fellows:
- Honorary life membership in AACE.
- Rights and privileges accorded full members.
- Complimentary registration at AACE conferences.
- Engraved plaque presented at an AACE conference.
- Recognition on AACE awards web site.
- Authorization to use the post-nominal letters, FAACE (Fellow of AACE).
AACE Fellowship Committee:
- Selected Fellows will serve on the AACE Fellowship Committee. This Committee will engage, either in whole or part depending upon the project, in discussions on substantive issues and developments pertinent to the future of AACE.
The Nomination Process:
- Fellowships commence by the nomination of an AACE member by another member.
- A nomination must indicate the person who is being nominated and the outstanding contributions made. All nominations must be seconded by an AACE member. Nominations should indicate:
- Contribution made to AACE
- Contributions made to the field of learning technologies
- Evidence of impact of the person’s contributions
- Nominations made by December 31st will be considered for the following year.
The Selection Process:
- An AACE Fellowship Selection Committee of 3-5 members under the Chairmanship of the AACE Executive Director will consider the nominations with the aims of the Fellowship program and make the final selection decision.
- New Fellows will be announced at an AACE Conference where a plaque will be presented during a plenary session.
- No more than 2 people will be added to the Fellowship Program in any calendar year.