Amsterdam Hotel & Travel
All conference sessions will take place at the Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel.
The Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel will serve as the conference venue and official accommodations for attendees. All conference sessions will take place at the conference hotel.
Special discounted hotel rates have been secured for EdMedia participants at the conference hotel.
**Rates do not include taxes or applicable hotel fees.
|All rates are in Euros.|
|To receive the special rate, you must identify yourself as part of the EdMedia Group.|
A dedicated website is now available for EdMedia attendees to book your stay at the conference hotel. Please make your reservations at https://aws.passkey.com/e/49271851.
Traveling to Amsterdam
AIR: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, is located 20 minutes from Amsterdam city and approximately 9 miles south-west of the center of Amsterdam in Haarlemmermeer municipality. This is an international airport connecting to many notable European airports. It is the home base for many intercontinental airlines. GROUND: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol has many ground transportation options including train, bus, hotel shuttle service, and taxi.
Please always refer to aace.org/conf/edmedia/deadlines for the most up-to-date deadlines and dates.
- First call proposals due: December 18, 2017
- First call authors notified: January 15, 2018
- Hotel reservation deadline: April 13, 2018
- Early registration and confirmation: May 14, 2018
Things to Do In Amsterdam
- Take a bike ride! There are over 800,000 bicycles in Amsterdam. Cycling in Amsterdam is a way of life, made easier by the city’s unbeatable network of cycle routes and flat landscape.
- Visit the Museumplein, home to the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum and the Stedelijk Museum of Modern Art. Museumplein is the cultural beating heart of Amsterdam.
- Float along the canals by guided boat tour to really get under the fabric of the city, and learn lots of fascinating facts along the way – such as why the tilting homes along the canals are known as “dancing houses.”
- Visit the Anne Frank House. See the Prinsengracht house where diarist Anne Frank and her family hid from the Nazis for two years after feeling persecution in Germany.
Click here for many more ideas of things to do!